Wednesday 4 February 2009

Celebrity Fitness Videos

This afternoon, because apparently you can’t play Lacrosse on frozen over pitches covered in snow turned solid ice my team and I were sent to a classroom during sport. On the Lacrosse notice board it said to come in our sports kit and trainers. When my team mates and I arrived we discovered we were going to be doing one of my least favorite activities. A celebrity fitness video. I’d done this particular one once before and I seem to remember hating it and being totally useless to boot.

I was right. As a joke I moaned to my friend never to me, Helen whom some of you would have seen in the documentary (she was the make-up artist), that I really shouldn't be doing this as its against my ethos. I only said it because I like to complain about being made to do things I don’t want to. But a few minutes later while I was jumping up and down I was like, wait a sec! This really is against my beliefs.


Why do celebrities make fitness videos? -----> Celebrities make fitness videos because they make lost of money by doing so as people buy them.

Why do people buy celebrity fitness videos? -----> Because people want to look ‘nice’ and thin like said celebrity.

Is wanting to look like someone in a magazine who is totally different to your beautiful self useful? Helpful? Constructive? A positive thing to do? -----> NO!


Unfortunately after this revelation I kept my mouth shut figuring that my coach wouldn’t be best impressed if I refused to do the same exercise as everyone else based on the grounds of my personal ethics and my not wanting to look like a hypocrite so I had to finish up. But the afternoon got me thinking so at least it achieved something.


What do you think about Celebrity fitness videos?

No comments: