Thursday 14 May 2009

Well I suppose this is goodbye...

At the moment I'm slap bang in the middle of my GCSE's and everything is pretty hectic right now! However I've ben evaluating my time at Battlefront a lot recently and looking at how much I've learnt.... 


Campaigning.


When I started out at Battlefront I had a campaign (a very bad one at the time!) but I new nothing about "being a campaigner". Working with all the Battlefront mentors and my favorite, trial and error I can now happily say I'm a "campaigner". I didn't realize it at the time but when a friend asked me for advice on how to set up a campaign recently I realized that I knew exactly what to do, how to do it, the best way to do this, the best way to do that... 


My campaign, however much I believe in it and want it to success is bigger than me. So many people are championing it, celebrities etc. how have a greater chance for success. Hopefully I've raised awareness etc. but I think I'm gonna find another campaign I believe in to join, something I my experience etc. can make a big difference in. 


So I've decided to stop running this campaign. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet but I'll keep you posted! However I am going to spend sometime doing other stuff before taking on something else big like another campaign, and one of these things is that I'm gonna be lending my advice and experience to some other campaigns, for example my friend Paul's campaign, The Literary Den Campaign, (http://battlefront.co.uk/campaign/the-literary-den-campaign/) which as a writer the cause of getting writing and writing as a leisure activity to be seen as "cool" again is very close to my heart! 


So check out Paul's campaign, and thank you to everyone for their support! (and thanks to everyone who's left me negative messages too - its been nice to polish up my debating skills!)


Rachel


xoxo

No comments: